28 March 2010

these are a few of my favorite things... lately

What a busy weekend. I'm so glad it's over. Friday night, yes, friday night, I spent the night at my school. It was a bit of a drag. The reason I was there was for an overnight food fast that I had to attend in order to require. Personally, I think requiring people to attend events takes away from the purpose of the event. But all in all, I am very glad I went! I learned so much about world hunger, and spent the evening/morning with my amazing classmates and one of my favorite teachers! I can't even say I was very hungry through out the whole thing. The only part I was a bit bitter about was having to be in the school building the whole time. Cry baby soup, right? It really was a great event and a fun opportunity! Saturday I spent at home, relaxing, with some family time, since my dad had been away last week. We went to dinner at one of my favorite asian restaurants (I feel like I say that every time I talk about a restaurant!!) called Shiok! , exclamation mark included. Yummm. It's super small, and by small I mean 10-12 tables, and they serve delicious Singaporean foods! Definitely my favorite ethnic foods. I could go on and on about the amazing dishes we had... a person next to us was eating some type of Emu meat. Is that common? I wonder if it tasted like chicken. Why do I tend to think Emus are endangered? Hmmm... How was YOUR weekend!?

Did I mention I think I've finally made a decision as to where I will be attending school next fall? I'm almost positive I'll be in New York at Fordham University! :D
Anyways, I've decided to do a little tribute to a few of my favorite things, as of right now... at least.
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous" -Coco Chanel
Favorite quote? I think yes. It will also be my senior quote. :D

Favorite TV show (all time, not lately): 30 Rock. How can you not love Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey's humor? It's impossible. But LATELY, my favorite shows been Undercover Boss. It seems like a dumb, scripted show, but it's actually a great concept they have going on. You'll especially enjoy it if you're completely anti-big corporation, etc. It's cute, and interesting! And brings some sort of optimism to my view of big corporation/companies.
Favorite songs lately:
- Pinball Wizard : The Who
- Rodeo Clowns : G. Love & Special Sauce w/ Jack Johnson
- Change of Heart : El Perro Del Mar
- Something Good Can Work : Two Door Cinema Club
- Swing : Zero 7

Favorite movie lately: The Blind Side! This weekend I finally got a chance to watch this amazing movie! Oh boy do I love Sandra Bullock (I'm not even going to talk about Jesse James and Miss Hussy McGee... ew gross). If you haven't seen this movie yet, its definitely a must see! One of those heart warming movies you can't help to shed a tear to.
Favorite Target designer collaboration: Liberty of London!!!! Ah! Well, lets say my mom is a huge fan, so after she came home with dozens of adorable Liberty of London print shirts and shorts and boxers, I fell in love. She bought herself a couple of shirts also, and some kitchenware. If you're a fan of Liberty of London, it's absolutely imperative you head to your nearest Target... now. Right now!! Don't you just love these Target collabs?! What's your favorite Target designer?? What designer do you wish Target would hookup with?

stay classy,
madeleine

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

My favorite Target designer was actually Paul & Joe - I was kind of obsessed with that collection.

And Fordham University - yayay! How exciting that you'll be in New York! Honestly, please take me with you; I want to be on the East Coast!

By the way, that Coco Chanel quote...the absolute perfect way to sign off on senior year!! :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Congrats on your college decision- how exciting!

Adore all the LOL for Target stuff- want it all! :)