16 March 2010

classy vs. unclassy

-givesmehope.com - like FML but for optimists! Read these amazing, inspirational stories of optimism! CLASSY.
-
textsfromlastnight.com - alright, so I admit it. Every so often I catch myself scrolling through these posted drunk texts... just for kicks. They're HILARIOUS. However, they promote unclassy behavior. As I said before, its classy to get a bit saucy, but not so much when you let the whole world know about your drunken adventures and the people you hook up with. Sure, drunk texts can sometimes be an indicator of a good night, but lets not post them for the world to see. Don't give my area code a bad name! UNCLASSY.



-Filling out your March Madness NCAA tournament brackets to get in touch with the guys, and watching a couple games. CLASSY.
College Basketball= The ultimate harvesting ground of hot young college guys. So root for your favorite cutie! ;D Besides, they call their playoffs by the names of “Cinderella, The Big Dance, Sweet 16". College ball is quite classy if you ask me... maybe even pick up a few $$$ in tournament brackets?″
-Smelling like Man-Ness... Do I even need to say? UNCLASSY. [see below if this applies to you HEAVEN FORBID!]


-Dabbing on a bit of Eau Flirt ($19) on, which is proven to be some sort of "love potion", and according to Cosmo, one of the "life changing beauty products". Who knew some hints of lavender and pumpkin pie could seem so arousing to men? CLASSY.
-
Spritzing yourself endlessly in strong, overpowering perfume, as to make the person next to you on the train, or across the building from you gag/tear up. UNCLASSY. Hey now, too much perfume not only smells terrible sometimes, but can also probably cause you to catch flame. Let's steer away from being Highly Flammable... and I mean that temperature-wise.


-Broadcasting your location via twitter/foursquare/ soon to be facebook, so that your friends can locate you in that trendy restaurant you've been raving about. CLASSY.
-
Posting your location via [insert social networking site] so that tweoples, or undesireables can see where you are, almost as to post a sign that says to creeps, "hey, come get me, I'm right here ;)" UNCLASSY. I want to know what's going on in your life, not how I can stalk you 24/7! And also UNCLASSY for those creeps who stalk people via their twitter location. "Oh hey I didn't know you were going to be here?" ... Ummm, yeah you did... creep.


-Muscular guys. Guys who have a sense of style. Guys who wear diamond earrings. Guys that know designers. CLASSY.
-As I encountered many spring breakers in Arizona, I realized Guidos exist outside of the tri-state area. Wearing Affliction & Ed Hardy as if he's the only designer in the world and you would cry yourself to sleep if your rhinestone encrusted shirt tore off of your extremely, almost overpoweringly large body. UNCLASSY. Don't get me wrong... there are many attractive, noteworthy tanned males out there that wear brands like Affliction & Ed Hardy. But not all the time! I once dated a guy who owned everything EdHardy, down to a pair of Ed Hardy flip flops... too much! Hence the past tense. He was more high maintenance than me!
I'm not a fan when your shirt costs more than my shoes.

stay classy,
madeleine

9 comments:

bananas. said...

ewwwww!!! those brown guido boys are so effin gross! i can't believe they really think they look good.

YAM said...

agree with bananas.
weird.

just checked out that givesmehope.com:)
cool.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

those guidos are fricking disgusting. I gotta say, as unclassy as TFLN is, I still love reading it. Hilllllarrriiiouusss....gives me hope looks cute!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Spritzing yourself endlessly in strong, overpowering perfume is uncalssy indeed! So many people don't know the limits with this one lol

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

LOL texts from last night kills me. I cannot help but chuckle ;)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Hahaha...guidos! It's funny because I never knew what a guido was until I watched "Jersey Shore;" then I realized that I had encountered loads of them throughout my lifetime!! :)

Erin said...

Bah orange faces = hilarious! Youve pretty much described half the guys my age...!

Love love love,

Erin

xx

livin wide said...

awww, you are too sweet! thanks for the love. your blog and pictures are just adorable - got yourself some talent there lady. i am definitely going to have to check these pieces out for when we move and redecorate.

The Haute Bitch said...

BAHAHAH. sick. i don't know any guys who own ed hardy. i don't even know what affliction is.

xoxo

www.thehautebitch.com