03 March 2010

oh the simple joys in life.

Your school has snowdays. My school has sewage days.
Sunday evening I got an email from my school saying classes were cancelled Monday, and I was absolutely ecstatic! I love pleasant surprises like that! Then Monday something was posted online that the school will be closed down until Thursday... due to sewage problems... gross, but I'll take what I can get! It's a bit pathetic, if you think about it (and trust me, with all of this extra time on my hands, I have had lots of time to think) a school closing down for sewage issues and water overflow is perhaps the lamest/most disgusting/poorest excuse ever! Oh well! I'm loving it! Except for the fact that somewhere in the near future we will have to eventually make up these days. I'm hoping and praying it won't cut into spring break, as that would mean cutting into my New York trip! Boo! This month will be quite spectacular. I'm assuming two days of school this week... at the most, next week I only have two days as well, as I am going on a surf trip with a couple of classmates/teachers next Wednesday-Thursday. And then, Friday-Sunday I will be in Arizona for Giants Spring Training! I'm praying to be in the hot sun, as it's been quite dreary and rainy around here lately. Blah.

Whatever. All of this downtime has allowed for a TON of shopping, and a TON of time for my art. Shopping first.... The only good thing from the rain that I have gleaned, is that I finally got an opportunity to wear my new rainboots with houndstooth print! Yay! However, I'm still on the search for another pair of leather boots. While galavanting around in my rainboots, I picked up two... not one, but two... boyfriend blazers! One in black, one in gray. Love, love, loveee them! Who said rainy days always have to be gloomy?

I decided to post a couple of pictures of the new collage/painting I started this weekend. It's about 1/4 done, minus the glossing/glazing I still have to do. I still need to repeat the smoke swirl thing on the top part, and then my UNDERpainting will be complete. I'm definitely having fun with this one! Anyhow, as I am flipping through and am watching My Life As Liz, and her prom predicament... I'm realizing my own senior prom is in less than 2 months away! Therefore, I need to find a dress! Ahhh! Oh boy...

stay classy,
madeleine

currently watching: My Life As Liz 
^It's becoming a favorite show! She's ridiculously kick-ass
currently craving: those pillsbury cookies that are pre-cut, so all you have to do is put them out on a baking sheet, and have designs according to the season (pumpkins/hearts/american flags/shamrocks/bunnies).

6 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That collage/paninnig looks awesome so far.

And ew, sewage!

Nicola said...

wow, your painting looks amazing! i like it alot! :D

Cafe Fashionista said...

Your collage/painting is AMAZING! As someone obsessed with music, I absolutely adore the psychedelic ambiance of it! And please...I would accept any type of day off from school. Though sewage sounds kind of gross...and smelly. Show us your rainboots, my love - yes I do have a slight obsession with rainboots; therefore, I NEED to see them!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT
thanks for sharing
love the blog, keep it up

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

That is amazing!!!! So cool and retro. I love your art vibe! Also- congrats on the day off :) bessst.

Audrey Allure said...

Beautiful collage/painting!

Just stumbled by & I love your blog! :)
- Audrey Allure <3
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com