07 March 2010

high tea...alice in wonderland style.

"Twinkle, twinkle little bat How I wonder what you're at! Up above the world you fly, Like a tea-tray in the sky."
-Lewis Carroll
Let's be honest here. Nothing in the world is better than a fancy cup of tea. Well, possibly an adorable, tasty cupcake to accompany each sip... but that's besides the fact. Now. Take a fabulous cup of tea, and then add it to some Alice in Wonderland-esque fabulousness, and you get this...

Royal/T, Los Angeles: So this place is not only a tea cafe, but also an art studio, and apparently fashion runway! This month Royal/T will be having Alice-themed events, from an Alice inspired fashion show, to $25 Alice High Tea! Alice High Tea includes Playing Card Tea Sandwiches, Eat Me Cupcakes, Drink Me Green Tea and Cheshire Cat Macaroons. How exquisite!

Mandrin Oriental Hotel, New York: This classy hotel is serving Mad Hatter Teas until April 30th! For $42, tea time includes Twiddle Tea Sandwiches and Twiddle Crumbs Desserts like Queen of Hearts linzer tarts and Cheshire Cat cupcakes. Yumm!

Langham Hotel, London: Check it outt! A super classy Afternoon Tea alongside finger sandwiches with blue fin tuna and pickled cucumber, or smoked Scottish organic salmon with horseradish and watercress... Delish! And if you're not feeling the tea... check out their artisan cocktail bar and booze it up, Alice style of course! This Eat Me Drink Me Cocktail for $21 is a fabulous infusion of "G'vine Floraison gin shaken with lemon juice and peach liqueur, then finished with a rose petal and hibiscus sugar rim. It is served with an indulgent chocolate and caramel slice".


...Tempted? I, most certainly am!

Cheers!!
stay classy,
madeleine

11 comments:

Dandelionkisses said...

Aw thank you for your nice comment:)
I know, I was so bummed I couldn't get the dress. Ah yes and the price is high, but oh so worth it. Hehe. Wow I would LOVE to go to that tea place :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

This is so fun! I wonder if the Mandarin in Boston is doing it too.... :)

Sher said...

Oh wow, how wonderfully whimsical! I wish there are places like that to go to here!

Anything Alice in Wonderland is magical in my book:)

xx

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

This could be a perfect way to spend one of the weekend's evenings! Or, like I love doing, this could be a perfect way to end a meal at another place just by coming to one of those places for an Alice in Wonderland inspired dessert :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ummm...hello, yes to all of the above. In fact, and don't laugh, I'm tempted to dress as Alice to dine at any and all of these locations!! :)

ra said...

Ohhh, alice style tea that sounds amazing. I have a friend who got together with some friends of his on halloween and had a alice tea party, all of them dressed up as the diffferent characters, I saw pictures, it looked so fun.
I was scrolling down the rest of your blgo and I' really loving the 'classy', 'unclassy' posts, I very much agree with pretty much everything you say.

I'm Heraid said...

LOVE IT! Oh I wish we had places like those here

YAM said...

ow love it!

looks adorable.

so tempted too..

YAM said...

ow love it!

looks adorable.

so tempted too..

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Ohmygosh, too cute!!

The F Word Online said...

this is cutee ! i still have yet to see the movie !

xx lue