15 March 2010

spring has almost sprung!

These past two weeks have been nothing short of exciting! Where to begin?!
As I already ranted about, two weeks ago my school was shut down because of some dumb sewer system problem... long story short, I went on a four day shopping spree that's wiped me out for a couple of months. Also in the beginning of the month I accepted an award/scholarship for my hours of community service- Special Olympics, Princess Project, etc. and the dinner/ceremony banquet I was dreading actually turned out to be pretty swell! I had no idea it was such a big deal, but the banquet dinner was held in a Sofitel Hotel, I was allowed to bring my family and one guest from my school, and I was seated at problably the best table in the house! I networked, met new people, smiled, etc. etc. and even met Congresswoman Anna Eshoo. Oh the perks.

Anyhow. This past week i only had classes for Monday-Tuesday. So Wednesday-Thursday I went on a fantastic little surf trip down in Santa Cruz! Weatherwise, we definitely got lucky. It had been raining the whole week, but for Wednesday-Thursday it stopped for some beautiful, sunny, 70 degree weather! The waves were prime for surfing too! It really couldn't have been any better. Unfortunately though, since the beautiful weather caught me off guard I got a little bit of a sun burn... which only got worse this weekend.
So I guess my thumbs up wasn't such a good idea? Hence, the leaning tower.

As you may or may not know, I'm an obnoxiously huge San Francisco Giants fan. So this weekend was my 3rd Spring Training out in Arizona! Again, weatherwise, I got SUPER lucky, as it was raining in Arizona, but was beautifully sunny this weekend! Either way, rain or shine, I would've been a happy camper... I was at Giants Spring Training! We stayed at a lovely Kimpton Hotel (my favorites) called the FireSky, in Scottsdale. One night we went to this fabulous restaurant called the Old Tortilla Factory, even though we were told it'd be an hour an a half wait, we ended up waiting only 45 mins, but it was definitely worth it! I watched 2 games, met many players, got tons of autographs, and even saw 4 Hall of Famers- Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Gaylord Perry, and Will Clark. Let me just say, I'm in love with a couple of rookies. Cuuuuties!

Last night I returned home, sunburnt... again, tired, but absolutely ecstatic for the 2010 SF Giants baseball season. We pick our season ticket games tomorrowww! Alright, that's enough ranting. Happy Monday! Am I being facetious? I can't even tell at this point.

What fantastic things did you do this weekend?

stay classy,
madeleine

1 comment:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh you did so many fantastic things last weekend. I basically did nothing. As in, went to Target and Costco. So glamorous, I know!! :)