24 April 2010

unrequited love

I have never had a favorite photographer, but after learning about her in my Art History class, I've decided that Diane Arbus is my favorite. Officially. According to Wikipedia (the best source ever! except if youre doing research papers, that is), Diane Arbus is...
"an American photographer and writer noted for black and white square photographs of deviant and marginal people or else of people whose normality seems ugly or surreal... the photographer of freaks."

Read that and tell me how her description on Wikipedia is not the ultimate embodiment of an amazing artist! I dare you! Her work is so fabulous I wish I could have a room dedicated to Diane Arbus prints! Her work is so eerie and creepy, but I love it.

My personal favorite...

What a classy lady. Cheers to you Miss Arbus. You are fabulous.

Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

stay classy,
madeleine

4 comments:

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

The 2d and 3d pictures are so cool! Thanks for sharing :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love the way humor juxtaposes with elegance in these photographs - so pretty!! :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Very talented... a photography legend!

bananas. said...

OMG.

those twin little girls are going to give me nightmares tonight.

eeh!