08 April 2010

concrete jungle

"In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do." -Empire State of Mind - JayZ & Alicia Keyes

day 1: The weather was absolutely fabulous! Hotel right in the middle of Times Square... a bit hectic, but I love being in the middle of it all! Dinner at this itty bitty trendy little Italian restaurant called Etcetera. Super yummy!

day 2: Walked around downtown/Wall Street. Took the ferry ride to Liberty Island and Ellis Island... more beautiful weather, more lovely people. Maybe I'm used to being courteous, but a lot of people were oh so rude! We encountered this 50 people group from Wisconsin that thought they were entitled to everything, just because they were a big group (which included cutting us in a line we'd been waiting in for awhile). Let's just say things got a bit confrontational. After enjoying the beautiful weather and ferry rides, we walked down to So-Ho, peeked in some cute shops, and had cupcakes at Buttercup Bakery (see "Cupcake Diaries")
day 3: Subway ride to Columbia University, and enjoyed yet another sunny, beautiful day! Had an AMAZING lunch at 5 Napkin Burger in the Upper West Side. Mmmm. Walked through Central Park where others were enjoying the sun just as much as I was! Explored the Met for hours. I wish I could just stay there forever! Like Claudia in the book, "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" - one of my favorites.

day 4: Easter Sunday mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral... it was quite beautiful! Saw Jersey Boys on Broadway! Let's just say I'm obsessed. Probably one of my favorite Broadway musicals, and I've seen quite a few. Cupcakes at Crumbs Bakery. Dinner at a yummy restaurant in the Time Warner center that overlooked Midtown. What a nice Easter Sunday!
day 5: Visited the school I will be attending next year, Fordham University! Train to Washington D.C... I concluded my New York trip with 2 days spent in D.C. where the heat was almost unbearable! 88 degrees!!!

All in all it was a lovely and fun trip!! Quite a beautiful way to spend my spring vacation. And visiting Fordham made me 45708372525 times more excited to go there in the fall!

stay classy,
madeleine

5 comments:

Maddie said...

i'm going to new york in september and this has made me soo excited :) !

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Nice photos! My fam and I are going to Ellis Island in May!

ra said...

I went to NY last summer. It's always really weird for me to see pictures of other people in the EXACT same place that I have a picture in. (Like that strawberry fields picture, our feet were probably in the same places.)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh Maddy I so adore you for mentioning Claudia from "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler." I always wanted to runaway from home and live at the Met because of her! :)

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

omg, you look so cute!!!! What a fun trip!!! I love NYC and it looks like you just had a blast. Look how pretty you look with all the colors on your shirt and in the background :)