05 April 2010

The Cupcake Diaries

Buttercup Bake Shop
New York City
141 West 72nd Street
New York, NY 10023
(212) 787-3800
buttercupbakeshop.com



I visited Buttercup at their West Side location. Walking in, it felt a bit like a deli, I'm not sure why. We ordered a Lemon cupcake, and a Red Velvet. Both were so delicious! The Lemon had very tart frosting, and was filled too, with a sweet, moist cake. The Red Velvet was yummy as well, the cake was super rich and moist, and the frosting was sweet, but not overwhelmingly sweet. Buttercup cupcakes do not have the best presentation, they nix the sprinkles, and cutesy presentation and all... but don't let that fool you! Their cupcakes are absolutely delicious, tastier than some of the cutest cupcakes I've tasted before. I would definitely recommend Buttercup Bakeshop! I wouldn't buy here if you're looking to sit down and enjoy your cupcake in the shop... but buy one, take it to Central Park, and enjoy! And again, even though these may not be the CUTEST cupcakes out there, they surely are of the best tasting. They also have a location in the East Side on 2nd Avenue. If I'm in the area, I would definitely make a stop again at Buttercup!

-Price Per Cupcake: $2.25
-Store Decor: C+ (it's clean! but not cute)
-Yelp gives it 4 stars.
-I give it 4.5 stars.


stay classy,
madeleine

1 comment:

I'm Heraid said...

Your NY trip looks like SO MUCH FUN. And now I want a cupcake like Ive never wanted one beforeee