08 April 2010

classy vs. unclassy

- The 5th avenue Easter Hat Parade in New York City where women can show off their crazy/kooky/beautiful/weird hats. CLASSY. It was quite the show!
- Protesting the Pope outside of St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5th avenue, NYC on Easter Sunday. UNCLASSY. Don't get me wrong here. I do not agree with how the Pope & Catholic Church is handling these issues, but come on protesters, respect the Holy Day of Easter! Protest any other day, anywhere... but not in front of a church on Easter!
This picture may not give these amazing hats justice, but these people don't mess around when it comes to their hats!

- Retro Barbie. CLASSY.
- Being addicted to plastic surgery, like Heidi Montag is, in hopes of looking like Barbie. UNCLASSY. Miss Montag, you were gorgeous before, whyyy?! Her latest made up plastic surgery? Back Scooping. Really?

Oh Heidi...

- Flying Virgin America Airlines where the lighting is purple, you can order food, movies, games, music, etc from your seat on your personal screen. A couch potato's dream. CLASSY.
- Spirit Airlines charging $45 for carry on bags. UNCLASSY. Really? Are they trying to go out of business? Tough times, I know, but over head bags, $45?!
Walking onto a Virgin America flight you think, "Am I in a night club?". You might as well be!

- Matching outfits with your mother. CLASSY.
- Matching tattoos with your mother located on your lower back. UNCLASSY. I just don't want to hear about them or see them.
The Kardashians certainly know how to do it in style!

- Sexy sleuths like Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in Sherlock Holmes. CLASSY.
- Sleuthing around behind your friend's/significant other's backs. UNCLASSY.
There is absolutely no way you can't love these two.
- Fashionable leaders of countries (including their wives). CLASSY.
- (fashionable?) dictators of countries like Kim Jong-Il. UNCLASSY. but apparently someone out there finds his fashion entertaining enough to make a inspiration board. "He's all about minimalism".
Michelle Obama, Jackie Kennedy, Princess Di... all politics aside, you gotta admit, these ladies are classy.
1. Kim’s glasses brand remains a mystery (see, he is a hipster!), but we found these Urban aviators that will do the trick. [$10, Urban Outfitters] 2. Channel Kimmy’s starch crisp military jacket with a classy Burberry windbreaker. [$440, FarFetch.com]

What do you think?

Ballet Flat style Crocs. Classy? Unclassy?

I must admit, they sure look comfy!!


stay classy,
madeleine

8 comments:

I'm Heraid said...

haha these crack me up. About the crocs... I don't know. If you were doing something realllllly casual I guess they'd be a great choice to keep it stylish. They do have a nice shape.

Erin said...

Crocs = unclassy...I truly cannot see how people would pay money for lumps of moulded rubber! Your posts always crack me up dear!

Love love love,

Erin

xx

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

The "nightclub" style flying looks cool, wow. As for the crocs ballet flats I think they look cute. But I guess I'd have to see them in real life to really be able to tell if I like them or not! :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Sexy sleuths and retro Barbie...yes please! Ballet Flat-Style Crocs...ummm, I'm going to go with unclassy. Though the gold ones are kinda/sorta cute! :)

bananas. said...

wait...wait...

those are crocs? huh. i hate crocs but those aren't so bad.

and yes to unclassy plastics aka plastic surgery addicts like heidi.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Cute post- I like what you picked!! I gotta say I think it's okay if people protest the Catholic Church on any day based on what they're doing. I don't think it diminishes that holy day at all because they aren't protesting that, they're protesting the people on earth who have done such awful stuff! That's just me. Totally with you on the airplane thing- first off, I want to ride that plane and second off, I CAN'T believe they are charging almost 50 bucks for bags, so gross. And yes, matching tattoos with your mom- gross! haha Cute post.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Cute post- I like what you picked!! I gotta say I think it's okay if people protest the Catholic Church on any day based on what they're doing. I don't think it diminishes that holy day at all because they aren't protesting that, they're protesting the people on earth who have done such awful stuff! That's just me. Totally with you on the airplane thing- first off, I want to ride that plane and second off, I CAN'T believe they are charging almost 50 bucks for bags, so gross. And yes, matching tattoos with your mom- gross! haha Cute post.

Anonymous said...

socket spacing handcuffs all contribute in transformed or listless If your family [url=http://www.cheapnorthfacejacketsm.com/]clearance north face[/url] Even now another just down jackets, men and women that could heat, my partner and that [url=http://www.cheapnorthfacejacketsales.com/]north face denali jacket sale[/url] just few double-breasted turn out to be drunk. jackets sale in 2011,