28 February 2010

meet my shopping adventures.

  "No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys" -Doug Horton

meet my gnome keychain... hes good luck.
 meet my favorite/comfiest/oldest pair of shoes... I dont have it in me to throw them out.
 meet my mini notepad... it says "I like stylish people" - true story.
Today I had quite a relaxing day! I slept in... for the first time in WEEKS! Seriously! I cannot tell you how refreshing that was! I started my day off with a trip to the mall with the "shop till you drop" mentality. And that's precisely what I did, minus the dramatic "drop" part. Boy, was I in luck today, as most of the stores were having HUGE sales! Was I in heaven? Yes momentarily. I fell in love with this Gap sweatshirt/pullover top that I bought weeks ago in yellow, and have been dying to buy it in a salmon color too. So let me tell you my surprise when I discover that Gap was having a buy one top, get one free sale! So not only did I buy the pullover in salmon, but also in a tri-color blue! Such a pleasant surprise!
My favorite purchase of the day (well, they were all my favorites of course) were these jean/denim leggings! I guess you can call them... jeggings? Ha. Call them whatever you wish. They are so comfy, and they fit beautifully! However, jegging wearers: please be cautioned! I've seen these worn inappropriately SO many times! Just because they LOOK like jeans, doesn't mean you should treat them like jeans. While wearing jeggings, please do not think you can get away with panty-lines or camel toes. Not okay. Also, if you wear tunics/long tops with leggings, the same should apply to your tops while wearing your jeggings. Jeggings are leggings first... then jeans. Dress accordingly! Oh the travesty.
Anyways, on my way home from the mall I decided to go thrift store shopping in hopes of finding some new materials for my collages. After scanning through shelves of books I found a couple of childrens fairy tale books, and TIME photograph compilations... including one on jackie kennedy/onassis. All in all I bought about 5 picture/photograph books and spent no more than $6 there, which was another delightful part of my day! I came home, consolidated all of my shopping bags, felt guilty for a bit, got over my momentary buyers remorse, then grabbed a pair of scissors, and dove into my thrift books to start finding new pictures for my art projects. However, I couldn't come to terms with myself to cut up the book of Jackie Kennedy... just couldn't do it. She's too much of a classy lady. Either way, I'm excited to get started on new a new collage! While I still have a painting in progress, I'm the kind of person who prefers to have multiple things going on at once. Hmm... I think I've reached a point of delirium. Hope weekends are going fabulously... and lets keep the Chileans in our prayers/thoughts!

stay classy,
madeleine

3 comments:

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Yay for sleeping in and congrats on your photo/picture purchases!

"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys" - Doug Horton

The quote is just too true, btw!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Yayay! I thought I was the only one who saved my old Converse sneakers. I haven't work mine in years but I refuse to part with them - too many tomboy-ish memories!

Oh, the visible pantylines of leggings/jeggings...I cannot stand them - and I have the ability to spot them from a mile away!!

So glad you found some fabulous photo/picture books for collages, my love!! :)

Latoya said...

Haha! Too funny. I little while ago I ranted over the fact that leggings are NOT pants. I hate seeing "lips", hills and valleys, and gross bottoms. TMI. You are supposed to dress to accentuate your assets NOT your flaws.

Cute blog, btw