07 February 2010

doppel-whaaat?

the word "doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person.

I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this doppelganger trend on Facebook for a variety of reasons!
1) because more than 3/4 of the people actually posting their doppelganger pictures, probably don't even know what the word means! (I admit, I learned what it was this year after reading Frankenstein) Do you sense some cynicism? I think yes.
2) because I love love love seeing who people think they look like... its even better when it actually looks like them!
3) I admit to being entertained and amused when the person's doppelganger look nothing like them. In most cases, the doppelganger is so much better looking, and in a good number of cases, the person and their doppelganger, are not even comparable! I'm secretly saying to myself, "hmm, you really think you look like that?" (I guess in someway this situation just means the person has a high self esteem!) oh, is that mean? Admit it, if you see this, you're pleasantly amused. You've got a silent LOL going in, I know it, and you know it.

I would definitely put up a doppelganger picture, except the fact that there aren't that many famous asians I know of, let alone, famous/noteworthy asians that I look like. Mulan? Brenda Song? Nah. Oh well.

I had quite a fabulous weekend. And I hope you did as well! The rain stopped and Sunday morning I got some sunshine and created a new artpiece for one of my best friend's birthday! No, I did not see Dear John this weekend. I would rather gag than watch that. I think Nicholas Sparks is a goddamned overly sentimental fool, yet slightly sadistic and conspiring to cause an emotional overload to vulnerable girls and women. Oh, and he's a predictable romance novelist. Oh, not so jolly Nick, I'm unimpressed. Every one of your books ends with a completely random/unrealistic ending which is terribly depressing and makes me feel conflicted between whether I want to fall hopelessly in love with the leading man, hate him, feel sorry for him, or what.

So my inner cynic came out. And for that I apologize... well, not really. These are simply my opinions! Did I say that my doppelganger was the grinch? ;] peace&love darlings.

currently listening to: this too shall pass - okgo
off of blalock's indie playlist for February!


stay classy,

No comments: