04 January 2010

delightful day.

Today was such an exciting day. I started the day off booking/planning my 18th birthday get together. I booked reservations for a tea party at Crown & Crumpet, in Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco! I am beyond excited! To be quite honest I haven't heard of the place, and have never seen it when I've been by Ghirardelli. However after visiting their website, I instantaneously fell in love! If you are interested in the tea room scene etc, even remotely, I urge you to check out this website (this means you, CafeFashionista! if you havent already, that is) Its absolutely adorable.
See for yourself, the decor is just so ridiculously adorable it makes me want to cry!
absolutely too cute to boot, right? ohhh I can't wait to rant and rave about it when I actually visit Crown & Crumpet for my tea party January 16th! Oh joy!

Enough about my soon-to-be tea party. After excitingly planning my event for my birthday the fam bam and I went out to go see Sherlock Homes, a movie I really wanted to see! I knew it got good reviews, but I cannot say how fabulous I thought this movie was. Fabulous, well written script, great casting (alright so I'm a Robert Downey Jr. fan, so I may be a little bit biased), so witty, so captivating, so aesthetically pleasing, soooo fabulous. 5 stars! 2 thumbs up! Sherlock Homes was an amazing movie. We were walking out of the theater and the man next to me said to his wife "I would give it two and a half stars, maybe", I'm almost positive he had to be crazy.

After my movie I went home, worked on my last college essay which was actually quite fun to write! It was for George Washington University, and as a propsoed Journalism major I had to write an article about myself, as if I had interviewed myself... I will have to post what I have, after I finish editing and all else. After working on this essay for a few hours, a few friends met at my house and we went downtown Palo Alto for dinner at Buca diBeppo. I ate enough to last me about a year, indefinitely. It was a fabulous night for friends, food, and laughter.

Upon arriving back home, I downloaded the January 2010 Blalock's Indie Playlist, and came across perhaps the most delightful song I have heard in awhile. Granted, it's a bit like a revenge at an ex-lover song, but its just so cheery and fun when you actually listen to it!

bad day : darwin deez

i hope that the last the page of your 800 page novel is missing
and i hope that it rains if you leave the window down on your red mustang
cause everyday ought to be a bad day for you
and if you drop your keys i hope there's a sewer somewhere very nearby
i hope that your team lost;
and if you're out of clean sheets i hope your new girl takes off and it's clear why
cause everyday ought to be a bad day for you
and i would like to be your girlfriend so i could dump you
and i would like to be your garbage man so i would never have to pick up your trash again
maybe you should wonder why your apartment is always so empty
well i hope you get locked out of that apartment and have to call jenny
cause everyday ought to be a bad day for you
but i'm sorry if it ever is

listen to the song and tell me it doesn't make you want to smile and dance.

delightful day. hope your sunday was as pleasant as mine.

stay classy,

6 comments:

terra said...

Happy early 18th birthday!

When you visit Crown & Crumpet be sure to check out their new Fancy Goods Pop up shop!

(always)alanna said...

happy almost birthdayyy- the place looks gorgeous, you luckyyy girl!
xx
and your blog is gorgeous; lovee it!

YAM said...

advance happy 18th year:)

crystal said...

What a fabulous place for a birthday!! Looks so cute.

Sophia said...

!! happy birthday! that place looks absolutely fantastic. :o

i'm off to listen to this song right this instant :)

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

tea party! SUCH a cute idea for a birthday party! Seriously. I love it!