22 December 2009

LA LA land

Well, to start, I'm so glad finals are over! These past two weeks have been so exciting... Lets see, for starters, I got into college! I was accepted into Fordham University in New York, Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, St. Johns University in New York, and Northeastern in Boston. Thus far, I'm leaning towards St. Johns, because they've given me a pretty legitimate scholarship, and Northeastern, because I got accepted under the Journalism major, and I'd be under the school of Media & Graphic Design... and plus, who doesn't want to be in Boston!? I must say I'm fucking ecstatic for college next year.
Anyways, I had a pretty ridiculous weekend down in L.A. with my cousin. Despite our troubles renting a car, hotel room issues, forgetting concert tickets, getting stuck in traffic, almost missing our flight home, it was really fun and exciting! Essentially, this weekend was the epitome of Murphy's Law. I swear to god, everything that could possibly go wrong...did go wrong. But it was nonetheless fun! Our hotel, Loews, was right on the beach, and our view overlooked the Santa Monica pier, and the visiting Cirque de Soleil, so beautiful!


So we spent Saturday night around the Third Street Promenade area shopping, and for dinner. Sunday we spent the whole day in Disneyland... it was so gorgeous! I've never been in Disneyland for Christmas, so I was absolutely amazed to see everything transformed Christmas-y.



Yesterday we didn't have anything really planned, except for the Lady Gaga concert in the evening of course. So we spent the morning/early afternoon walking around Venice Beach, and having an amazing lunch at this beachside grill, and then we went back to our hotel room, got dolled up, and then we were out to the L.A. Live area for sushi before the concert... except my cousin forgot our tickets. So we had to turn around and I had to run back into the room to get them... almost breaking my heel off of my shoe :( But it all turned out okay! We got to the area with time to spare and had out of the world fish at Trader Vics, which was right next to the Nokia Theater. All in all, this weekend was a success! I have no idea what the rest of Christmas break has in store for me. I want to start on a stop-motion movie sometime this week, and possibly a new painting... we will see what happens!


stay classy,

No comments: