29 November 2009

"I am you, you are I"

"Since everything is a reflection of our minds, everything can be changed by our minds."
-heart of a buddha

This morning I visited a Buddhist temple, which I was pretty excited about. From the outside it looked pretty small and quaint, but it was absolutely beautiful on the inside! Darling! The service was interesting as well... a lot of meditating, chanting, singing. Most of all, I loved listening to the sensi's sermon. He kept repeating himself, saying "i am you, you are i". It was all about how everything is interconnected... how, like, if you see a piece of paper, you also see a cloud, which produced the rain to give life to the trees, which became paper. So ridiculously deep. The community was so welcoming also... I might have to visit again soon! Here are some pictures I took from within the temple:







definitely going to have to visit again soon.
i'm off to enjoy my sunday!

listening to:
-videophone : beyonce & lady gaga
-under the milky way : sia
-do the whirlwind : architecture in helsinki


thinking about:
the shitload of art history homework I need to get started on.

stay classy.


No comments: