28 November 2009

girl, put your records on.

So my latest obsession is this new record player I bought.

I'm basically in love with it. Lately I've been combing thrift stores for cheap, used records.. and I have a pretty decent collection thus far. The Doors, Cat Stevens, Simon & Garfunkel, a couple of Earth, Wind & Fire albums. Yesterday I went into San Francisco for my sister's birthday dinner, BIG MISTAKE. For some reason I blanked and forgot it was black friday yesterday, and almost died of claustrophobia at the H&M in union square... but I did get to visit Rasputin Music, where I got even MORE records... a couple of Madonna albums, Prince, Journey. Legit shit. At the end of the day I finally got to go shop at H&M thank god... or else I would've thrown an overblown fit. Love the Jimmy Choo line. I think I found something to wear to the Fame Monster... not to sure yet. Ahhh but I would LOVEE LOVE LOVE this:



But I guess I'll have to settle for American Apparel's version. *sigh* too cute. too cute.
I guess I'll live.



listening to: "happy up here" - royksopp
thinking of: my new art piece. "zoohattan"

getitgirll

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I like your title. I've heard that song and it's awesome! Next, the dress is so fabulous!!! Awesome post! :)

maddy said...

why thank you! i'm absolutely in love with the dress... so bad it hurts! haha

erika sorocco said...

Ah...this post totally made me think of Almost Famous. There's something so cool about record players - I wish they would bring them back. My Uncle has an amazing record collection - yu would love it!

Okay, so that dress is officially gorg - but so is the American Apparel. I like how slinky it is. The coral/nude is fabulous! :)

inanenglishaccent said...

I LOVE THAT DRESS
and I saw Royksopp in the summer which was cool
(btw, I'm Rachel, just added you on FB!)

Jasmin said...

What is Black Friday? I'm British so...I don't really understand haha sorry. Also now I really want a record player...as well as a vintage doctor's bag and a mint green type writer :P

www.spurofthe.blogspot.com