25 May 2010

The Cupcake Diaries

Crumbs Bakeshop
1675 Broadway (53rd)

New York City, NY
www.crumbs.com


I've tried many cupcake shops in New York City, and I must say that Crumbs, although it may be a chain, is by far the best little shop. I visited after seeing Jersey Boys on Broadway, and was impressed. I was greeted by smiling and excited workers who were energetic and helpful. I asked if I could take a few pictures for my blog, and one of the amazing workers there, his name was Aaron, said jokingly only if he could be in it. So, meet Aaron!
Outloud, I thought to myself which cupcake I should order, when helpful Mr. Aaron exclaimed that their Red Velvet was their bestseller. And Red Velvet it was. Aaron hands me a HUGE, muffin sized cupcake, so he can pose for the picture, but ends up putting it in this amazing packaging, which I thought was a great added bonus. The plastic packaging was like a mini to go container, but had a holder for the actual cupcake part, so the frosting part and the cake part were all compartamentalized and contained... which was perfect, since I was headed to the theater for a matinee anyways! When I got to finally enjoy my mega cupcake, it was absolutely heavenly... I think I had a cupcake orgasm. The cake was deliciously moist, and the frosting was to die for. I'm telling you! They're all over New York!! Cali girls? There's four Crumbs locations opening up in Beverley Hills and all over SoCal, and one already open in Malibu.

stay classy,
madeleine

5 comments:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

yum yum yum, I want to go!!!

Mila said...

That place looks so great!

Unknown said...

oh yummy! thanks for sharing x I’ve just come across your blog and I love it! Will be stopping by from now on x

Missy
Check out my SATC giveaway!
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com/2010/05/sex-and-city-2-film-fever-and-giveaway.html

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Yummy- make me want a treat right now!

Maria said...

I always go to Crumbs! yum :)


- Maria from L.A.